I conceived this simple fig recipe as an accompaniment for duck dishes.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Can be made several days ahead of using
- 1 cup (or more) of dried figs
- For this recipe, I prefer small black California Mission Figs (one of my favorite snacks too!)
- 1 cup of veal stock (F: fond de veau)
- 1 cup of red wine
EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES
- Medium size saucepan
PREPARATION / DIRECTIONS
- Remove the stems from the figs and cut the figs in half, lengthwise
- In a sauce pan, reduce the veal stock by half
- Add the figs and the red wine
- Let simmer until again reduced by half
©2004-2016 F. Dörenberg, unless stated otherwise. All rights reserved worldwide. No part of this publication may be used without permission from the author.